Minnesota Wheelchair Ramps LLC rents/sells/installs gently used aluminum ramps for less. These ramps can meet all of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements for width of ramp, slope, slip resistance, and hand rails. The ADA says that a ramp needs:
- A slope not to exceed 1:12 (Every inch of rise needs 12 inches of ramp)
- Guardrails and handrails of 1.25 to 2 inches in diameter, all ramps higher than 6 inches need handrails
- A slip resistant surface that prevents water accumulation
- A level landing at the top of a ramp
- Level landings at all turns, ramps longer than 30 feet need an intermediate platform.
- Minimum ramp width of 3 feet.
For a FREE evaluation to find the safest and most cost-efficient accessibility for your home,
call 651-504-2424 or email Minnesotawheelchairramps@gmail.com today.
The guide below is from the ADA and explains requirements in the ADA Standards for ramps: